Lecture: Discussion of Homeopathic Methods: Part Two
Dear friends!
As usual I expect and cherish the responses of my colleagues and try to give an answer. That Pierre Fontaine tells me " I am not coming from a cool place," might well be right. I am frustrated sometimes about being attacked (talking about an attack) by homeopaths who rather remain stubborn than learning something new and better (I am referring to the "old" homeopathic method, the 6th Organon method). "Cool" nowadays mean you cannot even question what a homeopath is doing. I don't find that cool, I do prefer a dialogue as said before, not a monologue. I am glad though that Pierre is using the watery methods. Regarding Sankaran's method I would love to see your case you resolved with it and that you could not resolve with Hahnemann's guiding. But be sure, I am glad for any success you have in the practice with whatever method that is. I think the real issue in homeopathy today is not only the "new" methods to find the simillimum. While this is crucial, I think we are very much distracted by the "new methods" debate and fail to notice the toll that poor management is taking on our profession. How many cases have I seen that came to me after consulting many homeopaths, and often were given the RIGHT remedy but poor management lost the patient.
Regarding the debate about miasms and comments: Well I got drawn into it after being asked for a comment regarding the Sankaran miasms.
Here is what my excellent student Tricia Feijo wrote about it to your excellent group moderator , Kari Kindem:
"If I'm not mistaken, how the miasm idea was introduced was through my post explaining to parents that autism is NOT caused by toxicity in the child -- to get them thinking away from the physical (allopathic) mentality. . . and he need to chelate heavily, etc etc
I mentioned the 3 chronic miasms in passing only (very simple). Then Judyth went on to post her articles on miasms and to teach what Sankaran teaches, etc - which I let go, but then one mother asked the honest Q of how many miasms are there anyway (due to the 'teaching' of J।) So Dr Luc answered, thoroughly and based on Hahnemann's work (CD). Some moms wrote to me how much they appreciated it."
I agree it is not the easiest topic and many homeopaths -unfortunately know nothing about it (Hahnemann worked on this for 12 years before releasing this material). And in depth discussion of miasms indeed has no place here. I am not one to trumpet my books on this web site but since miasms come up, I wrote a very understandable chapter in my book, "Human Condition Critical.
Above all to answer some more questions from homeopaths: I believe that many true ASD cases (not those cases that get caught in the wide net of allopathy) can be based on a syphilitic miasm. But no, I don't go with the presumption that I need a miasmatic remedy based on a disease name. Every case for me can be ANY of our proven remedies and my miasmatic diagnosis is made DURING the consultation, not before. I would be a poor homeopath if I did not follow these rules which are the basis of our art. Before my colleagues judge me (not that it bothers me) read my books and attend a seminar. Then tell me what I am doing wrong (and no I am not perfect, always striving to do better for our patients).
I think we should leave this topic of miasms where it is (colleagues can write me privately about it when they want) but I want to spend the little time I have available to see how I can navigate the parents on this group to understand homeopathy better and be an active participant in the healing of their children. I already have some ideas but any questions/comments from these parents are welcome. Just I am constantly revising the editing of my newest book! So sometimes have a little patience! I wish there was more time.
Warmest wishes
Dr Luc
