Aggravation with a nosode?
Question: Hello Dr. Luc: I feel like a fool but in the interest of the
patient I will admit to my mistake and hopefully be able to correct a nasty
aggravation. I prescribed Medorrhinum LM2 - never did LM1 as was out of
stock at dispenser (bad/sloppy I know)! Admittedly, I based prescription on
keynote read in Farokh Master Children's Rx Clinical MM (the fire red anus
in infant sx)...in all, nonetheless, patient (age 3) was/is a perfect match
for this rx...but, admittedly (again) was operating from premise that was
trying to find Simillimum (& with match of miasm was so great!)...and by
doing so, would automatically get cure/move towards healing. Have just
finished reading in your Achieving and Maintaining the Simillimum that a)
use of Nosodes are rarely way to get/complete cure, and b) that amount of
poppy seed granules key (gave patient 4 or 5/water dosed and succussed
according to 6th ed of Organon...but was repeated at least 5 times over span
of 2 wks...oops). Also, c) never used intercurrents with acutes of old sxs-
and only seeing I should have....should perhaps still?? So, now that the
previous conditions of patient are being brought out (skin and lung) I am
wondering what I should do as I have been irresponsible, to say the least,
and want to try and see if I can help correct what I have done. Note -
mentals overall improving. If you should need further info on case I could
make details available. Note on 'intercurrents' - if parents currently
treating with antibiotics.
Answer: You are not a fool in my books but a very honest homeopath,. a rarity
nowadays. And one that is caring about her patients. I am not sure what
aggravation you are talking about as it is not clear from your description
since mentals overall improved and the "aggravation" you talk about is Skin
(eczema? and Lungs (asthma? The nosode indeed rarely cures and needs to be
followed up by a remedy. They are deep working remedies and therefore I would
be VERY carefully with LM potencies of them and certainly don't start with
LM2 . The repetition might not be as bad what you did since often we need to
do 3 to 4 doses well spread over two weeks, so at least you did not like some
homeopaths giving a nosode daily for weeks or months, a sure thing to bring
the miasm on the patient. It looks to me without having more details that you
got lucky and that the exteriorization pointing to the remedy has taken
place. So what to do now: look if the simillimum indeed appeared (it probably
has) as it brought up old and maybe even more symptoms since you relieved the
Vital Force from the miasmatic sycotic poison. My guess is that the parents
use antibiotics for the Lung function (antibiotics-asthma?)? I really think
you did not aggravated this patient in the sense of creating a more complex
disease...you just brought maybe too rapidly the old symptoms back...so now
the simillimum should be clear...I hope these antibiotics which are
suppressive and stimulate the sycotic miasm will soon be finished I hope and
you should start with the simillimum remedy according to what I propose in my
latest book, the Advanced Guide for profesionnals. But all and all from what I
can judge now, it does not look too bad and again, for me you are a promising
star for being so honest with all of us. May other homeopaths learn from it
Warm regards
Dr luc
