Potency for New Borns
Question: Dear Dr. Luc - I have a follow-up question to your article dated
1/12/08 'Homeopathy for Infants & Babies', specifically regarding potency in
treating acutes. Are there general guidelines that exist for treating new
borns and/or infants with respect to potency? Since a new born and/or infant
have a much stronger VF than an older child or adult, should a 30C vs. a
200C potency initially be given when treating acutes? What would be the
recommended dosage for new borns and/or infants i.e. 1/2 tsp or 1 tsp? If a
30C is given and not much, if any, progress is observed with the acute,
would one automatically go to a higher potency i.e. 200C before deciding
that it is possibly the wrong remedy? Any insight you can provide would be
Answer: The VF of newborns/babies is indeed very strong and I would never
use less than 200c and teaspoons from the bottle every two hours IF needed!
And indeed I would always go up first in potency before I would change
remedy.
Dr luc
