Mercury
Question: Dear Dr Luc, I have a 4 year old ASD son. I have found a homeopath
that has an understanding of Autism and has the experience of working with
these children. She has been treating my son for 10 weeks now. More recently
I was recommended a Naturopath who we went to see. From his observations and
kinesiology testing, his belief is that my son has been in contact with
mercury poisoning probably from conception through my almalgam fillings.
This may be true as I have always been in the habit of having hot drinks and
I have 5 amalgam fillings. Based on my pregnancy experience and my son's
symptoms, etc. my homeopath prescribed merc sol 12C initially and more
recently 30C. My naturopath states that this is the worst remedy that could
be given to one with an overload of mercury as it removes the mercury from
the tissues but doesn't eliminate it so that it ends up in the tissues with
the most fat - the brain has a high fat content. I began to wonder if my
homeopath had missed something. I have noticed in the rubrics of both Kent's
repertory and Boericke's that there are remedies listed for the abuse of
mercury and merc sol is not one of them. Also Kent's notes on Arsenicum
Album talk about it being a useful for mercury abuse. However, for the
totality of symptoms and miasm choice, merc sol seems well chosen. As it can
be difficult to clarify with certainty that a child does have heavy metal
overload, it would seem then that a homeopath must first treat for heavy
metal poisoning before treating the simillinum? How would you have handled
such a situation? Thank-you, Robyn
Answer: Dear Robyn. There are two different issues here and both are not
connected. When your homeopath prescribes Mercury homeopathically for the
totality of the symptoms, this is because the mental, emotional and physical
plane of Mercury (or one of them) fits the picture of your son, regardless
of your exposure to mercury. If it is the simillimum then it is "not the
worst" but the "best remedy given to him. Your naturopath measures the
amount of Mercury (I am sure through blood or hair analysis, both not always
reliable and even more NOT reflective of the clinical picture of the
patient). Whoever is involved with advising chelation for mercury (or Ars,
etc) should know in the first place the homeopathic picture of Mercury. If
this is not the case in the the patient than removing the mercury is
actually posing a danger to the patient as he wil now release it in his
system. In fact when a dentist removes the mercury a dose of Mercury 30C
should be given at same time to undo the effects of Mercury release in the
blood stream.Foremost to answer your question, the homeopathic simillimum
does not another remedy or technique to remove any heavy metals or
othercleansing of organs. Such remedy works on all three planes, the
physical included.
Warmest regards
dr luc
