Travel
Question: Travel in AirPlane (Long Journey) Hello Dr Luc We are travelling
to India and would be on plane for almost 16-20 hours on a stretch with my
ASD son (9 year old). I plan to give him 'Argentum Nitricum 200c ' as he
seems to have restlessness, hyperactivity and fear in flying the airplane.
He resists to go inside the plane first. He might be overwhelmed with all
stimulations and have some pressure in air cabins. Would this remedy
'Argentum Nitricum 200c ' help with that and if any pain
as well ? How many dose and when should I start - that is little confusing
to me ? I also thought of trying chamomila and Pullsatila but not sure. I
am very nervous in taking him to flight for such long hours and wanted to
help him so that we do not really step into any embarrasing situation.
Please advise for the above remedies . He is on his constitutional remedy
but I am not sure if that would work as we just started. I feel he is
becoming little more hyper after that consitutional remedy.
Thanks a lot for your help Nivedita
Answer: Dear friend Nivedita!
If he has indeed fear for flying than giving Arg nit 200C is a good
indication. In fact make a 3 oz bottle (amount allowed by TSA), put 2
pellets in there, and give him a first dose from the moment he is aware of
the flight or you can give a dose 2 hrs before stepping in the airplane (8
succussions and 1 tsp from the bottle directly) Another good remedy is
Gelsemiun. Gelsemium is related and complementary to Arg nit and is often
used when the patient trembles from fear and anticipation when he hears
about the event coming. You mnight as well take some pellets of 200C along
of Gels and if you need it you give it the same way. Never repeat any dose
more than every two hours, each time with 8 succussions. Remedies like
Cham and puls don't really have the indications you talk about and i
rather would see which one of the previous two works better according to
his symptoms.
Wish you a great trip to your family and give mny love to your precious child
Dr luc
