ASK DR. LUC: About Dr. Luc

My photo
Email: drluc@cybermesa.com, Address: P.O. Box 31025, Santa Fe, NM 87594 USA **As of June 2009, Dr. Luc is longer in private homeopathic practice.**, United States
Dr. Luc De Schepper is considered one of the foremost contemporary Homeopaths and renowned international lecturers in classical Homeopathy. Dr. Luc has evolved with homeopathy, and has treated people exclusively with homeopathy using Hahnemann's advanced methods, according to the 5th and 6th edition of the Organon with great success. He is known to his students worldwide as a brilliant and inspiring lecturer, and to thousands of his patients as a gentle and compassionate healer. Dr. Luc was one of the first “integrated” Physicians as a Western medical doctor, acupuncturist and homeopath, integrating Western medicine and complementary medicine, and Acupuncture into Homeopathic practice. Dr. Luc is fluent in four languages. He is the founder of the Renaissance Institute of Classical Homeopathy (RICH) and author of 16 books on homeopathy, acupuncture, and holistic health care. He has seen over 200,000 patients in 30 years of private practice.

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2008 - 2010. All rights reserved. All of Dr. Luc's published Blogs are copyright protected. No Blogs or articles may reposted, further reprinted or used commercially. This entire Blog is protected under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. To reference any portions of any posts from Dr. Luc De Schepper's published Blogs, you must limit your quotes to one paragraph only and then provide a reference link back to this Blog.

Content Disclaimer

This Blog and all content is intended as an adjunct to, not a substitute for professional homeopathic and/or medical treatment. The author and publisher are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury caused, or alleged to caused by the information contained in this Blog or for the misuse of this information. This Blog is in no way intended as a substitute for professional homeopathic and/or medical care.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cure: what does it mean?

Question: Dear Dr. Luc, I heard your interview with Ms. Lansky and my
question arises from that conversation. A complete cure for autism with
classical homeopathy was discussed, the enormous possibility and beauty of
it. My question arises from that premise. As a parent, I always hear about
the cure of Ms. Lansky child and only that case. A cure in another child was
not reproduced by the particular homeopath using the skill, to the best of
my knowledge. It is like Secretin curing one child. So my concerns persist
on many levels and my question is from that backdrop- I want to believe in a
cure. I am interested in numbers to base my faith. Would you be willing to
give some data- say, in the last 5 years of your practice, how many children
have been cured, what is their percentage (in who have been at least a year
or two with you) their age range and the severity of symptoms? The severity
of symptoms is important since it may be easier to see progress in a child
who is mildly affected than a child who is severely affected. I would
consider a child around age 3-5 who is impaired with low or no speech, no
intent to communicate, in pain, low functional skills, very lost in the
body's dysfunction to pay attention to life as very severely affected. I
apologize for my tough question and thank you in advance.

Answer: It is a fair question. And if anything one needs to discuss what
a "cure" means Certainly the return to a child that is like any other child:
functioning as any other child and taking in account that no child is
perfect. I say this because sometimes the parent has difficulty
distinguishing between a normal child and a child with special needs. There
are no perfect children like there are no perfect adults. They remain a work
in process continuously. My work with these children goes back till 1995 at
least where I saw in NJ at least 3 new patients everyday for the time I was
there. They were mostly named ADD and ADHD and almost all of them would be
called ASD at this point. This is just a name giving game. There are many of
that time that were completely cured as after all these years and being back
in practice I have heard from them over these past years how well they are
doing and what profession they chose. Obviously we are not in the job of
making statistics. What professionnals and patients need to understand are
the "directions of cure" and this is often very poorly understood. And for
sure it is wrong because a certain remedy cured a child to think it will
cure all these children (that is allopathic thinking). A direction of cure
is following Hering's observations: see my lessons for the public on my web
site. Especially two pathways need to be followed: One: the symptoms need to
improve from mental to emotional to physical (so for instance from speech to
obstinacy to hypotonia) Second pathway:from syphilitic expressions (ie, no
eye contact) to Sycosis (jealousy, restlessness, etc) to psora (wanting
support, clingy behavior) In the book I am writing I detail extensively ALL
these expressions of the ASD child so the parent can judge for himself. For
instance I get daily emails telling me: he speaks better, focuses better,
understands better (all mental symptoms) but he still has maldigestion. Give
me something for that. I don't need to. The remedy works on all planes and
was chosen accordingly but this kind of progression progression is a cure
taking place. And you know what makes my work VERY hard: that parents have
already put their children on 30-40 supplements from DAN doctors and even as
in the case above, great improvement takes place, they still add other
products because they heard over internet (I cal it Cyber medicine) that
some kid benefitted from such or such "magic" supplement. And then everyone
adds it tothe child's regimen (this is truly allopathic prescribing) So many
then react to supplements, create further problems which require more
supplements...an endless story. Drugs (nizarol, antivirals,) are given with
die off and other reactions which require than more supplements...this to
children who all have absorption problems and gut problems. How can such
child take all these drugs and supplements? And then I have to manoever my
remedy in all this...and frankly I don't think any DAN dr has to deal with 3
hours email everyday (in fact zero I am sure) But much of what I spend my
days to in these emails in trying to clean up the mess that was created. I
am not bitter about it but I can understand why this is happening. This
Biomedicine looks expressive and scientific (based on biochemistry and
physiology) and is obviously more allopathic based than anything else...but
it sure makes my task much more difficult. And the parents have less
patience with homeopathy with its subtle curative actions than suppressive
actions. And by the way I would say it is a lot easier to see progress in a
severely affected child. I see plenty of these children. There is so much
more to say about your question. I have already 250 pages of my book and it
is far from being finished. Certainly the quality of homeopathic education
needs to improve worldwide!
Warmest regards

Dr luc