Placenta
Question: Dear Dr. Luc, I have been hearing recently of a homeopath who
offers to take the placenta of a newly born child, and use it to make a
remedy to be used by the parent if the child in question should get ill.
Can you explain the implications of this, why it doesn't fit with
homeopathic practice,and discuss why someone might think it would work --
even if it won't? There seems to be a lot of confusion out
there, and I'd like to explain it as best as possible to interested young
parents. Thank you very much. Heidi in Santa Fe, NM
Answer: Dear Heidi
This what we call making a nosode but in no way has it been proven so the
indications for such intervention with such remedy are unknown. I would
like to hear myself why and for what it would be protective. I rather see
the mom breastfeeding and protecting the child the first 9 months with
colostrum against all microorganisms and creating a healthy colon
environment. There is never such a thing as one panacea, or broadspectrum
indication with one remedy unles obviously it is proven like al our
polychrests before.
Warm regards
dR luc
