Chelation
Question:
Dear Dr Luc,
A parent whose child with autism I treat homeopathically, would like to
also begin the DAN protocol using Andy Cutler's chelation method. She wants
me to continue to treat the child.
My question is simply, is it unwise to for me to continue while they begin
this other treatment?
It certainly may make managing the case more difficult, but will the child
do better to still be supported by his remedy?
Answer:
Having done chelation in the 80's mainly on adults for cardiovacular
problems, I know the dangers and advantages. Proponents of this method for
ASD treatment obviously talk about removal of Mercury, Arsenic and other toxic
substances (tested by hair analysis or other tests which are dubious in
first place). I am not a big favorite of such treatment as obviously it does
not change anything about the terrain (the syphilitic miasmatic background)
nor does it address the main triggers such as intra uterine emotions, so
such treatments are dubious in my opinion. At least the diet suggested to ASD
children (which is not much different from the Candida diet I wrote about in
1985) is a clean diet and could benefit anyone. But will it cure? Not unless
a diet mistake was the causality! To answer your question more it will be
better for you to continue the treatment, after all I know you to be one of
the most trusted homeopaths I know and introducing a new modality will bring
obviously changes (and we hope good ones) but at least you know where you
are right now with your treatment. While indeed this will make your
management more difficult (I have seen such children even badly reacting to
an introduction of a new supplement). I'm trusting you will be able to handle it.
My heart breaks when these children come in tome and they expect me
to"torture" them with further blood tests..at least they find out that I am
all for the watery doses of the magic remedy. Our work is very difficult as
these children are more sensitive than other children even to disharmony in
the family and other emotions and one needs to always take in account that
these children can also react like any other child towards any event in
their life. Sometimes we have to ask ourselves: "Is this normal child's
behavior?" before we start thinking that our remedy caused it. The challenge
is great but I have seen like you many times such great rewards. And it is
those cases that we have many difficulties with that keep us awake at night,
searching for a better remedy.
Dr luc
