ASK DR. LUC: About Dr. Luc

My photo
Email: drluc@cybermesa.com, Address: P.O. Box 31025, Santa Fe, NM 87594 USA **As of June 2009, Dr. Luc is longer in private homeopathic practice.**, United States
Dr. Luc De Schepper is considered one of the foremost contemporary Homeopaths and renowned international lecturers in classical Homeopathy. Dr. Luc has evolved with homeopathy, and has treated people exclusively with homeopathy using Hahnemann's advanced methods, according to the 5th and 6th edition of the Organon with great success. He is known to his students worldwide as a brilliant and inspiring lecturer, and to thousands of his patients as a gentle and compassionate healer. Dr. Luc was one of the first “integrated” Physicians as a Western medical doctor, acupuncturist and homeopath, integrating Western medicine and complementary medicine, and Acupuncture into Homeopathic practice. Dr. Luc is fluent in four languages. He is the founder of the Renaissance Institute of Classical Homeopathy (RICH) and author of 16 books on homeopathy, acupuncture, and holistic health care. He has seen over 200,000 patients in 30 years of private practice.

Copyright Notice

Copyright 2008 - 2010. All rights reserved. All of Dr. Luc's published Blogs are copyright protected. No Blogs or articles may reposted, further reprinted or used commercially. This entire Blog is protected under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. To reference any portions of any posts from Dr. Luc De Schepper's published Blogs, you must limit your quotes to one paragraph only and then provide a reference link back to this Blog.

Content Disclaimer

This Blog and all content is intended as an adjunct to, not a substitute for professional homeopathic and/or medical treatment. The author and publisher are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury caused, or alleged to caused by the information contained in this Blog or for the misuse of this information. This Blog is in no way intended as a substitute for professional homeopathic and/or medical care.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Flu Prescription

Question:
Regarding your flu remedies, I am quiet confused. It seems very mechanistic and, according to what I am learning from my studies, in opposition to Hahnemann's teachings.

Do you not find that the flu symptoms differ in different parts of the country/world and with different individuals. And is the progression of the disease so EXACT that the remedies can automatically be given, in the very least, to progress toward cure?

My studies are teaching me about the individual Repertorization of each case and prescribing on the totality of the symptoms and your flu protocol seems to challenge everything I am learning and I hope you can get me back on the right road.

I have your books and am fascinated so far with your teachings. These books have followed well with my studies; however, I am not finding in your books a concept that would support your flu protocol; thus, I am quite confused. Please help me understand your concept.
Answer:
Dear friend I will get you easily back on the right path. If you have read my books as you say then you should know that I more than anyone else in the world promotes individualization, so bear with me. I can see that several among you do not seem to understand that we are talking here about epidemics. I already wrote In Hahnemann Revisited about finding the Genus Epidemicus. When you say each case must be individualized and prescribed according to the totality of the symptoms, it seems to me that you forget what "epidemic" stand for. Read what Hahnemann has to say in A73:
"Bordering on these are the EPIDEMIC diseases in which MANY individuals are affected VERY SIMILARLY from a SIMILAR cause..These epidemics cause fevers, each with its own characteristics and because each case of disease in the same epidemic has the SAME origin, those affected manifest a SIMILAR disease process...."
I but in capital letters the important facets of these. I hope by reading this part of A73 (which describes other parts of acute diseases--see my Book AMS) that this brings some understanding...
MANY people in an epidemic (that's what we are talking about, we are not discussing chronic or other acute diseases) will show similar symptoms and therefore for treatment AND prevention can taker the same remedy. I have been in epidemics of malaria, flu, etc. Every year after seeing 10-20 patients I am able to determine the genus epidemicus which is found to put the COMMON symptoms or CARDINAL symptoms together forming the picture of the indicated remedy. There is nothing mechanical about a name of this remedy and mind you, this acute remedy in case of having the flu, is never giving mechanically but according to A158, also explained in my book AMS.
It saddens me how my words are misinterpreted by lack of understanding but I hope this brings clarity to your thinking.

Warm regards
Dr luc